akula

akula

Wednesday 24 September 2008

misti baca....

an elderly lady who went to her young pastor to plan her funeral arrangements. The woman listed her choice of hymns, Scripture selections, and exactly what outfit she wanted to wear in her open casket. The pastor, smiling, took careful notes.
"There's one more thing," the lady said.
"What is it, Mrs. Davis?" the pastor asked. "I'll do whatever i can to honour your wishes."
"I want you to make sure that the funeral home takes care of one final arrangement," she said, tapping her cane on the floor for emphasis. "I want them to put me in my casket with a silver fork in my hand" "A fork?"the pastor repeated.
"yes" she said. "A sterling silver dessert fork. and when everyone comes and looks in the casket to pay thier respects, and they say, 'why in the world does she have a dessert fork in her hand?' I want you to tell them a reason why."
"And what might that reason be?" the pastor asked, scratching his head.
The elderly woman smiled. "Son, when i was young, my parents told me to eat up my dinner because the best part of the meal was yet to come.we always looked forward to dessert, knowing it would be sweet. So, I want you to tell people that I was buried with dessert fork in my hand because I knew that after this life comes the sweetest part of all. Tell them I knew that by God's grace, the best is yet to come!"


well, that's a simple story that i read from a book. God never said that life will be easy, but He did promise a safe journey.... we were born to die kan?

2 comments:

Wel^Beiolman said...

saydie..suda sia kasi masuk link ko d bwoing blog..haha..ba rajin2 ko post ah..kalu free lawat la blog yg lain jg sana..including mine..

-f-l-o- said...

Membawa erti yang mendalam juga la...